Monday, July 11, 2011

Hmmm...

So yesterday, I celebrated my 27th birthday... I swear that each year that I get older (post turning 21) the better the birthdays get. I think it's probably because the things that you value tend to change. I've always valued my family and friends but now with each birthday, it's not about how much I get (presents-wise) or how much fun I have during a night out on the town during the birthday celebration. This year, I just wanted to be home with my bestie... mi Madre...

Sorry for the random opening but I was trying ever so unsmoothly explain how I came to create this blog... who knows if anyone will even read it but I'm going to consider it like an open diary. I've always tried to keep one but it neeeever seemed to stick; I was over the d*mn thing after a couple of days... but anyways... I digress...

Back to the birthday! So on the day of the anniversary of my birth, I received numerous tweets, calls, wall posts, texts and etc. I swear if it's one thing that social networking has done, it has made it uber easy to keep up with birthdays... again digressing... I promise, I'll get better with this... I hope.

OK, focus Amy... ::skips to the end of the story:: I was speaking with one of my favorite people, my beautiful Izzy, Latia. During our brief but great convo, I was catching her up with my life and she was giving me the Reader's Digest of hers. I was telling her about how I've become low-key obsessed with working out and running. If you know me, then you know that you could have bet a bah-gillion dollars that I'd never be runner; much less actually enjoy doing it. I told Latia, how I was planning on running a half-marathon this Fall and about all of the running I've done thus far and she simply replied, "that's great, you should blog about it." I honestly, NEVER thought about doing a blog. A friend of mine, NikkiNav has an excellent blog that I really enjoy reading "Little Girl, Big City." She has a way with words and is raw, honest, ridiculous and hilarious all the same time. Me? Ummm... when it comes to having a way with words; not so much. But shoot! I figured this would be an excellent release AND great way to chronicle my running experience. So, I'm doing it... On your mark, get set, GO!
This is me suuuuper excited to start blogging. Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment