Sunday, September 18, 2011

Almost there...

Good Evening Good People!

I sit here literally on my kitchen countertop in my HMTT (half-marathon training team) t-shirt as I type this quickie post. Sometimes it helps to try writing in an unusual place... at least for me... for those of you germaphobes... I will definitely be cleaning this counter once I hop off it so you can breathe a sigh of relief :-)

So it just dawned on me that this weekend marked the half-way mark of my 14-week half-marathon training... it was week 7. This week we had a little over 7 miles to complete this past Saturday which I did successfully without much issue. A total of 7.26 miles! It was also a little chilly (high 50's) and somewhat rainy and overcast but even with the not so great weather, I felt GREAT and it really dawned on me that day that this 13.1 mile race was really going to happen and I was going to be successful.

According to the official Richmond McDonald's half-marathon website, I have 54 days, 8 hours and approx 7 min. That's plenty of time to get those extra 6 miles... I. CAN'T. WAIT.

You can't really see it but I. AM. EXCITED!


No comments:

Post a Comment