Sunday, August 21, 2011

Just Keeping Pushing...

Yesterday, I completed my second long run with my small group, The Zebras. My friend Amy was out of town so I was flying solo and was slightly nervous; for what reason, I do not know. Somehow though, I felt ready. I had my double chocolate protein bar, my water and lemon-lime Gatorade, my iPod shuffle, my Nike sportsband and my shades.

I got to the Richmond City Stadium at a 6:45 AM because my coach, Mary Kay was VERY adamant that they would leave at 7:05 AM and if we weren't there, we'd be left. So early is on time and on time is late according to my Pops and I was there early. Ret-ta-go!

I did 4.8 miles that morning in under 46 minutes and felt awesome! So awesome, that I even took an hour-long Body Pump class afterwards. I wouldn't say the run was easy but I've learned to know when to it's really time to quit versus when my mind says "I'm tired of doing this... let's stop now." When my mind tries to say "stop," I just start saying the same thing over and over again... "just keep pushing." It may sound kinda lame but it actually works. And when I say it, I smile because I think of Dory from Finding Nemo when she says "just keep swimming."

I imagine that when November 12th finally arrives and I'm on mile 6 or 7 of my 13.1 miles, I'll say that to myself and although I may be a little tired, I'll smile to myself and I'll cross that finish line.

My sweet t-shirt that I got on Saturday. Half-Marathon Training Team bay-bee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment